Friday, September 14, 2007

Van needs

We have found a van. Finally.

We are ready to purchase a '06 Dodge Caravan, rear entry van with 23K miles, handicap modified by Freedom Motors of Battle Creek Michigan. The total cost is $32,250. There is also a $2oo delivery charge, unless I can figure a way to get it home. The van is ready now for pick up, as soon as I secure all the funds. We are selling Deb's '94 Olds Cutlass to help pay for "Dan's wheels", which will go back to Cedarville when Dan goes back to school.

I was not going to say anything about this need, as I doubt that many of you had financial help with the purchase of your last vehicle, and I sometimes feel like I am talking to the faithful choir. But going through some old emails I came across a request from someone to asked me when they could help with the van needs, and maybe there are others.

Some of my business customers [I provide credit card processing for merchants] have already given money and others are doing fundraisers for this van need. Thank you for your help. Thanks especially for the putting up with the lack of service or attention from me. Everything has changed these days. My time is so unpredictable when caring for Dan. Your continued support for our family means much to me, and I trust that I can return the favor to your business in the future.

Thanks to the many families with handicap vans that have emailed us about the advantages of their particular van etc. Please know that we have taken those suggestions into account, have done additional research, visited, driven and borrowed many types of handicap vehicles over the past few months. This is a good reliable vehicle for Dan, in his current new injury condition.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

When is the van ready for delivery/pick up?

Jennifer
(my SIL, Wendy, was on the Mexico team with Dan)

Jane said...

Praise God for His provisions, day in and day out!