Saturday, January 31, 2009

Garrett Writes

"Well we're in our second semester at Cedarville and things are going very well. As you all may know we have hit a lot of problems with insurance and funding but, nevertheless, God always provides and we made it. We are still trying to work out some of the kinks but we are trying to stay faithful and believe that God is always faithful. So if you all could be in prayer for that that would be great as we are always in need of prayer. We are still working on bringing guys in on Thursdays so I can get a day off. So far so good but we still need to get something scheduled and set in stone. <----another prayer request :o)

Serving Dan has definitely proved its challenges as some of you might know who have worked with Dan. It is not because of Dan himself but just the overall care and responsibility for him. God has really used this time to grow and strengthen me spiritually and responsibly.

I was inducted as an "honorary member" of OPE at the beginning of last semester and couldn't be happier with the friendships I've made over this time. OPE is such a great group of guys with hearts to know God more and grow closer to Him. We have our small group once every week and this semester we are going through the gospel of John. It's so amazing! I love these guys and thank the Lord for letting me be apart of their lives. It's amazing what God does when we surrender our lives to Him, listen to His voice, and obey Him. He has allowed me to be a blessing to Dan and that, in itself, is a blessing to me. I am blessed to be His hands and feet and serve others while He does all the "preaching" and grows us to be more like Him.

The future is still a bit unclear of what the Lord wants me to do, but so far I am feeling like I'm being released to move on and continue in my education next fall. So please be praying that the Lord brings someone into Dan's life that is able and willing to continue where I might be leaving off. I know God still has plans for Dan (as He does for all of us) so we are trusting that he will continue to take care of Dan and provide.

Thank you all so much for your prayers! They definitely do not go unheard! I have had some down moments of stress and frustration but through Christ I always overcome. I'm still here so it can't be all that bad :o) Thank you all again so much and I trust you will keep praying for Dan."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you Garrett. I know the Lord will lead and guide you each step of the way. God bless you Dan as you continue to get your degree and as you faithfully put the Lord first. You are an inspiration and Garrett, you are a treasure. Both of you will be a daily prayer seeking God's wisdom, guidance and peace. Never Quit (Gal 6:9) serving the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Garrett for what you have done and continue to do. God will use what you have learned during your journey with Dan. We who are the caregivers of individuals with such severe injuries know what God wisdom is needed:)
Beth Malarkey (Alex's Mom)

Anonymous said...

Garrett, Thank you for that word of testimony. God is so good! Thank you for sharing a hint of yourself in this blog. You are in our prayers. Here is a scripture to encourage you today. "...They sought God eagerly, and he was found by them. So the Lord gave them rest on every side." II Chronicles 15:7b. I hope you find rest in your spirit as you service Dan's needs, as you deal with the unknowns, as you develop your friendships...esp. with Jesus! ckh

JK x2 said...

Yay for OPE!!! I love those guys too! (And most of the ones I know are graduated now!)

Anonymous said...

Garret can I just say that I respect you a lot. I am praying for you guys (you and dan mostly) any time i think of it. I have to confess that I do forget about you guys for a while sometimes. I used to have a teddy bear named Dan that would remind me to pray for Dan. I know that sounds little kidish but it helped:). I lost that bear (airplane ride) and now feel bad sometimes for not praying every night. I check on the blog sort of rutinely. Anyway, admitting that I'm human and can't remember everything, I let you know that I respect you and pray for you and Dan whenever I read the blog or for some reason am reminded of you. btw, my name is caris and i'm a 13 yr. camper from mexico. Puebla camp is coming the beginning of March and I know many people will be praying and thinking of you both there. love, caris

Anonymous said...

Hello again. this is Caris. I kinda' just wanted to say that if I sound really mature or serious in the comment, i'm not. I mean what I said but just letting you know that i'm still a kid. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Garrett and Dan,
I am blown away by both of you young mens faith. I know you are both humble and would say how difficult it is ect..but we all can see and hear your desire to follow HIM unconditionally. Garrett, you are a true Timothy. I want to be like both of you when I grow up...bad thing is I am already grown up[LOL]
One can smell the aroma of faith as we read this, Garrett.
Praying for you two daily,
Connie Lukacs

Anonymous said...

BILL AND DEBBIE-MY COMPUTER CRASHED SO WE HAD TO GET A NEW ONE. LOST YOUR EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS!!!!
Hope you get this. Alex Malarkey has been in the hospital for a few days. Might be going home today but Beth wanted me to tell you.
Connie