Monday, October 25, 2010

Very good!

I want to say a huge thank you to Mary Alice's comment posted on Oct. 10th, in response to my 'pa-thetic...' post. When I read her comment recently, I agreed with everything she said, because what I wrote did not reflect what I intended.
Mary called me out on my generalization of Beatles haters, Koran burning wackos, and those who oppose abortion. It was wrong of me to simply say, "and those who picket abortion clinics."
An explanation of what I wish I initially said is that those who could be included in the same category as Beatles haters, Koran burning wackos, are individuals who fire bomb abortion clinics, murder doctors, and brutally harass the women who can unfortunately obtain a legal abortion. All three could be considered extreme religiousness and missing the point of true Christianity. What Mary Alice expressed in her comment is exactly what I was trying to get across in my post, "We lovingly offer alternatives to moms." BAM! Nailed it.
Jesus said, "whatever you have done unto the least of these, you have done unto me." I would submit that prenatal infants are some of, if not, the most 'least of these' in our world.
I clearly misspoke in my post, and I hope my past statements -- including my senior research project -- reflect where I stand on such issues. I too want to love what Jesus loves, and hate what he hates.

Mary Alice thank you for being kind enough to point all this out.
When we stop thinking; they win. (I understand obviously a better way to state that is 'when we stop trusting in the LORD; they win', but I'd like to hope these two statements can go together.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,

Thanks for being so kind regarding my comment. I appreciate you being humble enough to explain what you were thinking. Regarding your latest post, allow me to quote you, "BAM. You nailed it."

Being a communication scholar, I can document that it is very hard to communicate exactly what you mean and to have people understand your true intent. I'm glad we're on the same page. I totally agree with you about clinic bombers, etc.

Dan, we need people with your insight and interest to lead us in the difficult discussions that must take place in the next decade. Keep posting. I look forward to more insights from you.

Mary Alice

Anonymous said...

Dan

I love to see that you are still as smart as ever man. Still praying that God uses you in His way!

Much OPE lovin,

Kernel